Kriesha Chu Profile: Kriesha Chu Facts and Ideal Type
Kriesha Chu (크리샤 츄) is a Filipino-American soloist under Urban Works Entertainment. She debuted on May 24, 2017, with the single “Trouble”.
Birth Name: Kriesha Tiu
Stage Name: Kriesha Chu (크리샤 츄)
Birth Name: Kriesha Ziskind Teo Tiu
Birthday: December 20, 1998
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
V Live: Kriesha Chu
Kriesha Chu Facts:
– Her birthplace is Makati, Philippines, but moved to San Francisco, USA at 2 years old.
– She was a contestant on K-Pop Star 6 and won 2nd place.
– Her family consists of her parents, a younger brother, and sister.
– Her father is half Chinese – half Filipino and her mother is Filipina.
– She moved to Korea because she loves music and singing.
– She was only starting dancing when she became a K-Pop trainee.
– In the Philippines she is under Star Music company.
– She is the face of Holika Holika, a Korean cosmetic brand.
– She enjoys watching Korean dramas such as “Boys Over Flowers” and “Goblin”.
– She said her favorite Filipino food is sinigang, a sour soup.
– In 2017 she participated in K-pop Star 6: The Last Chance. (She was eliminated on the 7th ep. but was brought back as a wild card and she became a member of KWINs, the group that finished as runner-up of the competition).
– In 2018 Kriesha Chu released her first mini album, Dream of Paradise, along with the title track “Like Paradise”.
– She was on “King of Masked Singer” as “Fox with nine tails” but got eliminated first round.
– She appeared in the Netflix Original show called “Busted!” In episode 8 “The Mysterious Gentleman”.
– She had a collaboration with Samuel for the webtoon Pink Pink OST.
– She is best friend’s with Kim Minjoo (a contestant of Produce48 and a member IZ*ONE)
– Kriesha Chu’s Ideal Type: “My ideal type is actually pretty, some voice, and someone who likes music as much as I do and that’s it. Of course, they have to love their family and they have to be free and carefree.”
profile made by sowonella
(Special thanks to Malabanan Joanna Marie, Sachi Carter, Kyla Escamillan, Kei, Clarisse Jane Manas, m i n e l l e, OhItsLizzie)
Latest Korean Comeback:
Do you like Kriesha Chu? Do you know more facts about her? Feel free to comment below. 🙂
this girl is talented!!!
Cebuanos are proud of you ❤
Her nationality is Filipino-American. She’s purely Filipino and acquired her American citizenship due to naturalization but she said she does have some Chinese blood.
In one live concert event(i think its kpop festival?) in the PH, she said that she was born in makati?
I think she’s not the first filipino who become a kpop idol. I think its Wei yang former member of O21.
Wei Yang is not purely Filipino!
“Wei Yang (웨이양)” is a Chinese-Filipino singer and member of South Korean girl group 021 under FNC China.”
She probably has more than just some hahaha
Neither is Kriesha… She’s Chinese-Filipino as well. It’s obvious enough in her surname + she doesn’t look Filipino. If she’s anything like my family (which is also Chinese-Filipino) then she’s probably pure Chinese too because our families tend to want us to marry other Chinese people.
Kriesha is only 1/4 Chinese. Her Filipino blood is more dominant than Chinese. Her father is only half Chinese.
Both her parents is from Cebu
No she’s only 1/4 Chinese
She half filipino and she can speak korean because she schooling in korean in learn korean language
She not win in contest but company is she recording for 1st album
she had a collaboration with Samuel for the webtoon Pink Pink ost 🙂
Thank you for the update, it’s really appreciated! 🙂
Kriesha Chu is 4 language to speak
Because i’m neighbor or Kriesha Chu
Kid that’s wrong… she learned korean in america. She learned korean language in her school which is in America. International school to be exact
Update please, She’s part of Star Music now a company which is in Philippines.
her main company that promotes her in Korea is Urban Works Entertainment
Well yes but she’s also in star music now tho
Is she a lesbian in like paradise mv?
She guested as the role of a secretary in a Netflix original called “Busted!” In episode 8 “The Mysterious Gentleman”.
I went to school with her and she definitely didn’t learn Korean in school. It wasn’t even offered. She most likely learned Korean as a trainee
Ate Kriesha was born in makati. She say it in an interview here in the Philippines. Here’s the video link– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsSTP1eyxQg
Yah you’re right. She’s now also a part of star music. Here’s the link– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsSTP1eyxQg
Thank you for the update! 🙂
Thank you for the info and for providing the source! 🙂
Thank you for the update! 🙂
So you went to school in america?
She’s pure filipino.
Yep. She’s a year older than me.
Also Kriesha is American citizen
How did she audition for her current company, Urban Works, while she was living in America?
She was scouted by Urban works in U.S.A 😀
kriesha mentioned in her ASC episode that she learned and is still learning korean in a school from korea 🙂
Her full name is Kriesha Ziskind Teo Tiu
She was on King of Masked Singer as “Fox with nine tails” but got eliminated first round.
She’s close with IZONE’s Kim Minjoo
Pretty chu chu chu~
She is best friend’s with Kim Minjoo ( a contestant of Produce48 under urban work’s and a member IZ*ONE )
[ IZ*ONE is the finale debut line up of PD48 ]
Thank you for the additional info, it’s much appreciated! 🙂
Thank you for the comment, it’s much appreciated! 🙂
Your Welcome! Glad To Help ;w;
Cebuano is a Philippine dialect (not a language)
It’s more appropriate to use Filipino language instead of Tagalog because Filipino along with English are the official languages of the Philippines.
She is a fan of “KathNiel” Loveteam =)
Cebuano is not considered a dialect, but rather a full independent language. Dialects are branches of language (i.e. the Tagalog in the Quezon province vs the Tagalog in Bulacan) while languages are defined by who understands it (i.e. despite the differences in dialect, someone from Quezon and someone from Bulacan can still hold a conversation in Tagalog due to it being more or less the same language)
Someone from Manila who only speaks Filipino, however, would not be able to understand someone speaking to them in Cebuano. Thus, Cebuano is not a dialect of Filipino, or any other Philippine language.
Also, yes, Tagalog is not the same as Filipino. Most of Filipino’s vocabulary comes from Tagalog, yes, but they aren’t considered the same language. (some even argue that Filipino should be a dialect of Tagalog, but that’s a whole other story)
Kriesha speaks Filipino, English, Korean, and Cebuano. ahem sorry for going full lecture mode but this got drilled into my head by teachers and now i feel the need to educate everyone who gets it wrong plsdontthinkimbeingrudeimsorry
She was on a tv program on Arirang Tv called Travel Agency here’s the link ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfj_QugJpXU